Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

My daughters left eye has suddenly flaired up with puffyness,

My daughters left eye has suddenly flaired up with puffyness, weeping, alot of redness and inflamation below the eye, she is quite distressed, cannot stand the light
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

How old is your daughter?
Are you able to open the eyelids to check her vision?
Are the whites of her eyes red?
Can she move the eye OK?
When did this start?
Does she wear contact lenses?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My daughter is 14 years old, she is able to open the eye lid in her left eye (the problem eye) just about, there is alot of clear mucus continuosly weeping from the eye, she tells me there is pain, the white of the eye is slightly pink, she can move the eye, it started sudddenly with itchyness about 3 hours ago, she does not wear contact lenses

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

The symptoms are concerning enough that she needs to be evaluated today, preferably by an ophthalmologist. It could be a number of things, but the most concerning is infection or inflammation in the eye. Both entities will need treatment.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Will not be able to get to a doctor until morning, I live in the middle of the country, is there anything I can do for her at home?

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
You can use artificial tears and cool compresses for comfort. You may also try an allergy pill in case it is a response to a bug bite. My pain concern is infection which would need antibiotics.