Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I have pain with eye movement, headache, photophobia,eyes just

I have pain with eye movement, headache, photophobia,eyes just hurt for last 3 days. What can be the cause and do I need to be seen right away?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any decreased vision?
Any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
vision is blurry at times now since this started. I just had my vision checked not to long ago and no change in glasses. i have hypertension,elevated blood sugar and hypothyroid but all are under control.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Your symptoms are suggestive of an iritis (or inflammation inside your eyes). Many times, the the reason is unknown. If it is recurrent, then you doctor may order some blood test to check for a cause. Iritis can be easily missed by a regular doctor, but easily diagnosed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist. Inflammation in the eyes is treated with steroid eye drops.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.