Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

eyelids..inner corner of my eye..My lids are red, irritated and itchy

For almost two weeks now I have been waking in the morning with swollen eyelids mostly in the inner corner of my eye. My lids are red, irritated and itchy. Is this an allergic reaction or dry eye? Thanks for responding.

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

You could be having blepharitis or meibomitis. In both of these conditions, there is inflammmation of the glands present on the lid margin due which the tear film cabn be defective leading to dryness in the causing redness, watering, itching and in more severe cases burning in the eyes. I would advise you to use an eye ointment like Tetracycline at bed time. Along with this a lubricating ee drop like Refresh Tears should be used 3-4 times a day. Warm compresses should also be done. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.