Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Im a 41 year old female who has been suffering from three

I'm a 41 year old female who has been suffering from three chronic systems for the past 4 months. A chronic headache on the right side localized by mu temple, eye pain and teeth numbness on the top right side of my mouth. What might this be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

When did this start?
Are the symptoms there all the time or comes in episodes?
Any change in vision?
Any rash on the skin?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it started in Mid May 2009, has been chronic, no change in vision and no rash on skin

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
You're symptoms can be due to trigeminal neuragia. The trigeminal nerve supplies sensation to the the side of the face that include the temple and mouth. There is three division of the trigeminal nerve. It appears the second division of your trigemial nerve is affected. You should see you primary care doctor or neurologist for evaluation.

Click on the link below to read more about it.

Remember to press the green ACCEPT button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The pain described with Trigeminal neuragilia

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry hit send to fast. The pain described by TN is not what I'm experiencing. i have a continuous dull ache by the temple that occassionally has eye pain associated with it and or teeth numbness all on the right side
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
It can still be TN. The distribution of V2 (second division of the trigeminal nerve) would explain the temple pain, eye pain, and teeth numbess. It is recommended you see your doctor for evaluation and confirmation.

Edited by Dr. James on 10/6/2009 at 11:12 PM EST