How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It seems as if the little drainage tube from my eye to my nose

Resolved Question:

It seems as if the little drainage tube from my eye to my nose is plugged. The eye waters along with some viscous stuff and there is pressure type pain between the eye and the nose.
What to do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

You could be right. This condition is called dacryocystitis. If it is a complete obstruction then you may require a surgery called dacryocystorhinostomy in which a new passage is created for drainage of tears. Right now, you should start using an anti-biotic eye drop like Vigamox 3 times as it looks you have developd infection because of blockage of the tear duct. You should see an ophthalmologist to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks.


Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you