Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

It seems as if the little drainage tube from my eye to my nose

It seems as if the little drainage tube from my eye to my nose is plugged. The eye waters along with some viscous stuff and there is pressure type pain between the eye and the nose.
What to do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

You could be right. This condition is called dacryocystitis. If it is a complete obstruction then you may require a surgery called dacryocystorhinostomy in which a new passage is created for drainage of tears. Right now, you should start using an anti-biotic eye drop like Vigamox 3 times as it looks you have developd infection because of blockage of the tear duct. You should see an ophthalmologist to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.