Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I suffer with eye strain, and discomfort in my eyes, around

I suffer with eye strain, and discomfort in my eyes, around the eye area and and at the front of my head. This tends to be more prevalent when i have even a little under 8 hours sleep.

I find real issues when in the car, and looking through the glass at things moving on the outside. It is as though i am able to keep up.

I dont like sharp objects near my eyes, and this causes serious discomfort.

I also struggle when at work with my concentration.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Refractive error was a high possibility but your optician would have checked your precription. However, there could still be an error and I would advise you to see one more optometrist. Another possibility is convergence insufficiency. Get that also checked by the optometrist. If you sit on computer for too long then you could be having dryness in your eyes as well. I would advise you to use a lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears 3 times a day.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the feedback. I have looked this up and most of the symptoms do correspond with what i suffer.

However i dont find it such hard work when doing close work, i find it more so an issue when going from close to near (or vice versa) as though my eyes have trouble focusing.

The main time i notice this, is when i look across from my desk. My eyes have problems focusing between the top of my screen (less than a foot in front of me) and the open office.

Would this 'diagnosis' still fit?

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Yes, it needs to be checked. Convergence insuffiency is still a posssibility though problems in doing near work like reading are more common. Refractive error should also be rechecked. If both turn out to be negative then go for an orthoptic check-up as well. Thanks.