Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My wife is an insulin dependant diabetic..double vision

My wife is an insulin dependant diabetic. she has recently developed double vision. Our Opthalmic Surgeon has diagnosed that this is caused by diabetes not being controlled by a lapse a few weeks ago. Sugar is now properly stabilised and the surgeon says the double vision should dissapear in a few weeks.
In the meantime our GP disagrees and suggests we get a second opinion from another Opthalmic doctor.
My wife has had twon eye operations over the past three years for corrcetion of problems relating to diabetes which werer sucessfull. her vision is normal apart from the new double vision problem
Y.Katz [email protected]
calling from South africa
Well, an examination is a must to say what your wife is suffering from. She needs both a dialted fundus examination, orthoptic examination to see what is the cause of double vision. Double vision can also be caused by astigmatism which can be corrected bt refraction. Even cataract can also cause double vision and it diabetics cataract is a possibility. I am more in support of your ophthalmologist though. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.