Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Ive got a white spot on one of my eyes, also the color of

Customer Question

I've got a white spot on one of my eyes, also the color of it is partly blurry and that eye is quite red. What can it be?

My vision is normal.

I'll see a doctor soon, but if it's urgent I won't wait another 4 days.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 5 years ago.

Hello there

where is the white spot and what do you mean by "color of it is partly blurry "? is the eye itchy, burning, tearful ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's not itchy, burning or tearful. It just feels normal. I uploaded a detailed photo of it. xxx Hope it helps. Thank you,

Do you wear contact lenses ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, not even glasses.
It is hard to determine with 100% certainty, but since that eye is red and you have that small cloudy area on your cornea, most likely you have a small corneal ulcer. It is ideal that you get in and get some antibitoic eye drops today as corneal problems should not wait till later on in the week for initiation of treatment. you can let the eye doctor know you are concerned that you have a corneal ulcer and they will usually accomodate you sooner, I wish you well, Dr. Stevens
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your answer, how serious is this thing? And I'm a computer programmer, working hard recently about 14-16 hours every day for the last 1-2 months.

Does it matter, shall I not look at the monitor or TV etc? or is it irrelevant?
Your use of the eyes is not so important, I suspect your continued use has been drying out your eyes which is why these things happen, I suggest a short break every few hours and using lubricants for proper eye health, such as Refresh Optive (that is once this is resolved), Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your help, I'll get an antibitoic eye drop today and see a doctor ASAP.

Cheers,