Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Hi, yesterday had a sore eye, as if i had an eyelash stuck

Hi, yesterday had a sore eye, as if i had an eyelash stuck in my eye, however i looked and couldnt find anything. The minute I shut my eyes to go to sleep I have to open it again as if something sharp is stuck somewhere. I can put my eye right into my pillow and this seems to stop the pain but when I lie face up and shut my eye it is again sore. The pain seems to be coming from the corner of the outside of my right eye.
There could be some foreign body on the undersurface of the upper lid or there could be some concretion or other pathology on the undersurface of upper lid. When you close your eye, it rubs against the cornea. The upper lid should be everted and examined preferably by an ophthalmologist. If foreign body is there it should be removed. If not, then you should use a lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears 4 times a day. If the lesion heals, fine otherwise see an ophthalmologist. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.