Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My left eye feels a little swollen, vision not affected. Very

My left eye feels a little swollen, vision not affected. Very slight pain when I blink hard. Some redness mostly in the bottom of the eye. What is the likely cause?

It could be episcleritis or it could also be because of meibomitis which is inflammation of meibomion glands present on the lid margin. Due to this, the tear film is defective which causes dryness in the eye leading to redness, watering and pain. For meibomitis, you can use an eye ointment like tetracaine on lid margins at night. Warm compresses should also be done. A lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears should be used 3-4 times a day.

For episcleritis, you will nedd topical steroid drops like Flarex. But that should be taken after the diagnosis is confirmed. At this time, I would advise you to use a lubricating eyedrop along with a tetracaine ointment. If it does not help, see your ophthalmologist. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.