Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I had my eyes checked, and they are fine, I just need glasses

Customer Question

I had my eyes checked, and they are fine, I just need glasses for reading. I was checked for glucoma, cateracts and everything is fine. Everytime I have dinner and drink a glass of red wine, my eyes seem to droop. I don't feel tired or sleepy. It is embarasing, especially when I go to a restaurant. I also notice it when I use hairspray and eye make up. I am healthy 68 year old woman. Any answer to my question, would be appreciated.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Well, you need a ptosis work-up by an ophthalmologist before anything can be said with surity. There could be many causes for ptosis i.e. drooping of the eye lid for which an examination i.e. ptosis work-up is necessary. Thanks.

You have just accepted 9/19 questions. If you stop accepting answers then experts will stop answering you.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.