mzweben
mzweben,
20831917

i have pvd caused by hit, can it be fixed cause i m very worried,

Customer Question

i have pvd caused by hit, can it be fixed? cause i m very worried, i used to have a good eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  mzweben replied 7 years ago.
can you tell me about the circumstances on how you developed HIT and what the doctors told about your blood circulation?
What medical problems do you have?
what medications are you currently taking?
What symptoms are you experiencing?

Thank you
mzweben,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was hited by hand and i see things blurry now
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
PVD or posterior detachment is a normal ageing change. It can also occur because of trauma as with you. The vitreous gel in the posterior part of the eye liquifies with age and shrinks. As it shrinks, it may cause traction on the retina which may lead to flashes of light and floaters in the eye. Usually, it goes uneventful, but sometimes it amy cause a retinal tear which can lead to retinal detachment and serious loss of vision. So, a person with these symptoms must get a dilated fundus examination to rule out any retinal tear(in case if you have not get it done). If no tear is there, then you should not pay any attention to the floaters that you have. With time, you will start feeling better. There is no treatment for these floaters.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.