Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

eye..little tired, has some foggy kind of effect on my vision..tears

For the past 2-3 days my eye balls, starting with one,feel a bit swollen. Look a little tired, has some foggy kind of effect on my vision. Nothing running out of them, feels better with artificial tears - kind of goes in and out through the day. No itching. Over the summer had an allergic reaction that caused "scaley" skin around both eyes - was around for 6 weeks and went away. Saw a doctor for that and noted as allergic. Went to optometrist for annual check up in August and all was well; have an appointment on Saturday AM. Thought I would ask tonight...
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes. Dry eyes can have all or some of the following symptoms: pain, heavy sensation of the eyelids, blurred vision, light sensitivity, tearing, mucous discharge, or crusting on the eyelids. It does not sound like allergies. Sometimes the change in weather can cause symptoms to be more apparent than at other times of the year.

I recommend using over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day. I also recommend starting on warm compresses of your eyelids. This will help soften the plugged oil glands of your eyelids. If you have significant debris buildup on your eyelashes, you can use dilute baby shampoo in warm water, scrub the bases of your eyelashes with the pads of your fingers twice a day.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Feel free to ask any additional questions. Smile