Hi. This morning, my left eye showed a red spot with a few

Hi. This morning, my left eye showed a red spot with a few broken capillaries. Should I seel medical attention? I don't want to overreact but I don't want to ignore potential problems. It is much less red now (2 hours after first noticing it). My vision is fine and there is no pain. I am 11 weeks pregnant, 37 years old. I just had my blood pressure checked on monday at prenatal appointment and it was 108/60. My mother has blood clotting issues (DVT, Factor V leiden) but I've never encountered those problems. I took birth control pills for 12 years without problems and stopped taking them last year when we decided to try and conceive. I am still experiencing morning sickness so I feel the most likely explanation was straining with severe dry heaves (I don't vomit with my morning sickness thank goodness, but the dry heaves are severe.)
Category: Eye
Expert:  arbagel replied 7 years ago.

This sounds like a subconjunctival hemorrhage, which is very common.
If you have been having dry heaves, this is the likely cause of it.
As long as there is no associated pain or visual problems, there is nothing to worry about. There is no treatment that is required and it will go away on its own.

If you develop any pain or change in your vision, I would see your doctor but otherwise, I would just watch it.

Here is some more information for you. You will have to copy and paste the link into your browser.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my answer, please remember to click accept. Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the link and for your fast response! I will "keep an eye" on the problem and watch for new symptoms.
Expert:  arbagel replied 7 years ago.
You are welcome!