Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Ihave a broken blood vessel in my right eye and the corner

Ihave a broken blood vessel in my right eye and the corner of my eye has been red for about two weeks now and would like to know how to rememedy it. Thank you. xxx xxx
You are likely to have a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. Although its appearance may be alarming, a subconjunctival hemorrhage is generally a painless and harmless condition. The causes could be -

Minor eye trauma

increased venous pressur

Strenuous Exercising

Coughing

Vomiting

Sneezing

Blood dyscrasia (rare)

Severe hypertension

A subconjunctival hemorrhage is typically a self-limiting condition that requires no treatment in the absence of infection or significant trauma. At the most you can use a lubricating eye drop like Refresh Tears 3 times a day. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.