Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Recently went the the doctor about my left eye being inflamed,

Recently went the the doctor about my left eye being inflamed, red, and having a watery discharge....i was prescribed zylet and was told it was viral conjunctivitis. unfortunately it has been recurring for the past 3 months. Is it the same thing ...what should I do?
Hello there
are you having symptoms daily? do you wear contact lenses ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will have symptoms like 2 weeks in the month. I do not wear contact lens because I had corrective surgery in 2004.
Hello there
it is highly unlikely that you keep getting recurrent viral conjunctivitis in the same eye this often. My suspicion is that you are suffering from some other ailment, perhaps a dry eye, recurrent inflammation such as iritis or scleritis. I would recommend a return visit to the ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment to minimize risk of long term problems. Regards XXXXX