Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

about 3 months ago i was diagnosed by my doctor with having

Customer Question

about 3 months ago i was diagnosed by my doctor with having a ear inbalance because i was dizzy and it was worse when i lied down. however the doctor also noticed that my left pupil was slightly larger then my right. i went to a optition who said that she coluldnt tell. however i was not happy so i wenbt to another one and she has refered me to the eye clinic . i also have a very tight feeling in my head that is there all the time. i worry about having a brain tumur all the time and its all i think about. I have read that a symptom of different sized pupils may be a brain tumnur. please help.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
What you are describing is anisocoria, difference in pupil size. Though a brain tumor is a possibility in anisocoria, is usually accompanied by other findings such double vision. That doesn't seem to be the case, so I think the possibility of a brain tumor is low.

Anisocoria is something that still needs further evaluation, so I recommend you to keep your appointment with the eye clinic, preferably seeing an ophthalmologist.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile

Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i do get slighh-t double vision but the optition said that my eye was a little lazy and she gave me excersises to do with my fingers. my double vision is more noticable when i read. do you think that the tightness in my head is related to the pupils or just anxiety?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
The double vision associated with a brain is significant and would be noticeable to you. It is likely anxiety, but an examination by an ophthalmologist would be able to pick up anything abnormal.