Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

my son has developed small clear bumps on the right side of

my son has developed small clear bumps on the right side of his left eye and theres also some redness. but he says his eye dosen't itch or burn or anything else. do you know what this could be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Where are but bumps? on his eyelids or whites of eyes?
Any change in vision?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

on the whites of his eyes and no theres no change in vision

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
These are likely conjunctival cyst. Sometimes they can clear with fluid during times of irritation. If they are large and bothersome, excision in the office can be done. Draining them with a needle can help temporarily, but the cysts usually return.

Using artificial tears can help lubricate the eye and lesson any irritation that could be contributing to increase in size.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you and your son. Smile

Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
conjunctival cysts what causes them and is there something that can make them go away permentaly
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Conjunctival cysts are fluid filled sacs lined with epithelium. The epithelium is the surface layer. Sometimes, this surface layer can be incorporated into the underlying layer, forming these cysts. This can be caused by normal turnover the cells or due to trauma.

Definitive treatment is excision of the epithelial lined sac. Done with local anesthetic in the office.

Please remember to accept if my answer has been helpful.