Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Hello, my name isXXXXX have had two cornea transplants in

Hello, my name isXXXXX have had two cornea transplants in my teens and I am now 51 years old.I am blind in my right eye,with white scar tissue covering the entire pupil,is there a medical procedure available to at least get rid of this ugly white scar tissue,and give me back a relatively normal looking Brown pupil?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
How well do you see out of that eye? Is the scar on the iris or on the cornea?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am bilnd in this eye with no hope of sight restoration,due to extinsive nerve damage,from a Cryogenic freeze done to eleviate pain and lower gloucomic pressure,and also laser surgery for the same reasons,baring a miricle from "God" the best I can hope for good eye health and at least a better appearence!!!!!!!
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. You have two options that do not require surgery.

1. If that eye is of normal size, you can consider a brown colored contact lens.

2. If it smaller in size (or in a pre-phthisis), then you can consider getting fitted for an ocular prosthesis. These are fit by an ocularist who paints onto an acrylic shell the exact pattern of your normal eye. The movement of the acrylic shell may be limited, however.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile

Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.