Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Dr. Riaz An additional question regarding the flashing

Dr. Riaz:

An additional question regarding the flashing lights . . .

Is there any treatment or medication one can employ to prevent tearing from occurring on the retina?
I think, you mean cornea and not retina. Tearing could be due to many reasons. As a general measure, you can use an eye drop like Refresh Tears 3-4 times a day. Tearing could be due to meibomitis causing dryness but it needs to be confirmed by examination.This eye drop is likely to make you feel better. But do get a fundus examination done to rule out any retinal tear for the flashes of light that you are experiencing.

In case, you mean the flashes of light, then they will stop on their own when the posterior vitreous detachment is complete. You do not have to use any medication for that. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.