Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

Why does my the underneath of my left eye flicker above cheek

Customer Question

Why does my the underneath of my left eye flicker above cheek bone ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Is your eyelid twitching? or do you see flashes of light?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No not my eyelid it is the underneath of my eye above my cheek bon on the left side, no flashes of light
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
I am still unclear with exactly is the "eye flicker". Can you give me some more details?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is not my eye ball that is flickering it is the underneath of my eye socket and above my cheek bone, it is visable in the mirror and i can feel it pulsating at times
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
I believe you are describing twitching of the eyelid/cheek muscles. This can be due to underlying irritation of the eyes (dry eyes) or increased nerve stimulation (excess caffeine, lack of sleep). Thyroid disease can also cause blepharospasm. I recommend you use artificial tears 4-6 times a day and identify the other sources I mentioned above.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you.

--------------------------
Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.