Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Hi, I have an odd sensation in my left eye, like there is something

Hi, I have an odd sensation in my left eye, like there is something in it, and a pulling feeling in my cheek below my left eye. I also have developed an extra fold in my left eyelid. My eye feels heavy but looks normal. I have been to my ophthalmologist and have a negative MRI of my head. My doctor tells me it is a nerve irritation and to not worry about it. However, it is driving me crazy and making me more anxious. I am under a lot of stress right now as my husband is deployed for 8 months. I don't know if I should consult a neurologist or just wait and see if it goes away.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
How long have you been having this symptom in your eye?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
About 3 weeks. Initially I also had tingling in my left cheek extending to my chin intermittently.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
There doesn't seem any need to go to a neurologist. Your ophthalmologist seems right. It appears to be due to a nerve irritation. You are having a foreign body sensation which could be due to dryness in eyes and should resolve with artificial tears. Moreover, your MRI is also normal. So, you can just relax. Anxiety is causing you distress as your husband is away for a long time. Be courageous. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.