Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Suddenly become squint (double vision, no sense of depth) -

Suddenly become squint (double vision, no sense of depth) - apparently being told its a mild stroke - what is the treatment and how long can the squintness last for. Start by very sharp pain in left eye followed by watering
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
When did this start?
Have you seen an eye doctor yet?
Do you have diabetes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
6 Days ago
Yes but at that stage I actually did not know I was squint it has taken friends to point this out to me. I am emailing you from South Africa
No diabetes
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
Which eye is affected? Do you have problems moving that eye?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Left eye
No problems moving the eye
The surgeon I saw said this was a lazy eye and had been so since 5 years old and a fairly common problem with the general public - sight in this eye about 30% and 50% with glasses- but as I say I didnt mention and he didnt pick up the squinting
My right eye is about 95% vision
They way I am squiting is with my eyes pulling together towards the nose
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
It appears that you have a misalignment of your eyes causing a double vision. The decrease in your long standing left lazy can make it difficult for your eyes to stay in alignment. You likely have been able to compensate for it all these years and kept the eyes in alignment.

It has likely become decompensated and has now turned in towards the nose. You should visit with your ophthalmologist for a re-evaluation. Sometimes a new glasses prescription and help with your eye muscle control. Prism in the glasses can also help realigned the eyes. If these do not help, then you may consider eye muscle surgery - though definitely not the first step.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile

--------------------------
Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon