Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have experienced a sudden partial loss of sight in my right

I have experienced a sudden partial loss of sight in my right eye and it is sensitive what should I do?
How long has it been?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Two days, but I have experienced this sporadically over the last month or so, but only for a few hours. This time it has not cleared up.
<p>Is it painful?</p><p>Do you have any diseases like diabetes or hypertension?</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is mildly painful, more sensitive really. No diabetes or hypertension diagnosed. Thank y
The causes of sudden painless loss of vision include -

Optic Neuritis

Retinal Detachment

Vitreous Hemorrhage

Central or Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion

Central Retinal Arterial Occlusion

These are the possibilities in your case. Loss of vision can also occur in glaucoma and uveitis but that is more painful and not so sudden. All these causes are serious and you need to see an ophthalmologist as early as possible. Most of the conditions mentioned have a poor prognosis, if there is a delay in treatment. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.