Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

my right eye specifically, is the eye..itches..extreme

Hi im a 48 year old woman and have been having a constant red eye for the past month or so. my right eye specifically, is the eye that is always red. It also itches sometimes, though not to an extreme degree. I also have been getting a bloody nose randomly even though Ive never had one before. I have been told i have high blood pressure so im not sure if these two things are related. Would you say its because of allergies? Also this is the first time i've had these kinds of symptoms before.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any burning in your eyes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes there is a bit of burning when I touch the eye. the pain feels like it is in the back corner of my eye.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
It looks like you have got meibomitis which is nothing but inflammation of meibomion glands present on the lid margin. It is very commonly missed by doctors. The opening of the glands are blocked and due to this the tear film in the eye is defective causing dryness,redness, itching and burning. You can do hot compresses and massage your lids with an ointment like tetracycline. A lubricating drop like Refresh Tears should be used 4 times a day. In severe cases an oral anti-biotic like tetracycline should also be taken.

Bleeding from the nose is very likely due to raised blood pressure. If your hypertension is not controlled see a doctor. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.