Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

Hiya I have a really hard lump on the inside of my lower eyelid

Hiya I have a really hard lump on the inside of my lower eyelid ,its been there for several months now, what could it be please ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Does it hurt? Is it red? What have you done for it?

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
You likely have a chalazion. You have oil glands in your eyelids get blocked, and starts out very similar to a pimple. Treatment is to apply warm compresses to the area 3-4 times a day. This helps to soften the blocked oils and allows it to self drain early on. Since it has been there for several months now, the material inside has hardened and unlikely to go away by itself.

An ophthalmologist is able to remove easily in the office. Alternatively, you can have the lesion injected with a corticosteroid.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile

--------------------------
Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.