Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

I finished an antibiotic for a stye in my right eye on Monday.

I finished an antibiotic for a stye in my right eye on Monday. My upperlid continued to be slightly swollen with a little crust in the AM. That seems to have subsided and today I woke up with my Left upper lid swollen badly, especially nearest to the inner corner. Do I need to see my opthamologist???
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
Have you been using warm compresses? Can you feel a bump in the new swollen left lid?
Who have you been seeing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No bump. I saw my PC on Wed. 8/26
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did a hot compress for a little bit the first thing this AM. I have not done it since and am not really sure how hot or for how long. Heat seems counterintuitive for swelling but I know that is what is recommended for styes. I didn't know about just lid swelling. The stye I had on my right eye was on the lower lid
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
It may be another stye in the left eye. A stye occurs when oil glands in your eyelids get blocked, very similar to a pimple. Treatment is to apply warm compresses to the area 3-4 times a day. This helps to soften the blocked oils and allows it to self drain.

It it doesn't improve or worsens, then I recommend you see an ophthalmologist.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile

--------------------------
Disclaimer: Information provided is for educational purposes only and does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hot compresses how hot and for how long???
Expert:  Dr. James replied 4 years ago.
As warm as you can stand, (not hot that it is uncomfortable). Multiple applications for 15-20 minutes 3-4 times a day.

Please remember to accept.