Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My daughter is 23yrs old. Her left pupil is noticable bigger

Customer Question

My daughter is 23yrs old. Her left pupil is noticable bigger than her other one. I took a flashlight and the one on her right contracts normally, the one on her left did not. I took her BP it is 150/95. Could this be a warning sign of a stroke?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

No, stroke is unlikely but there could be some pathology of either the optic nerve of the left eye or some retinal pathology. She needs to get a dilated fundus examination to reach a diagnosis. You will have to take her to an ophthalmologist for that. Sometimes, difference in pupil size could be physiological as well meaning without any disease. This condition is known as anisocoria. If it is pathological, then it is likely that she has reduced vision with her left eye. You can check that. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON, so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.