Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

My eye started swelling last night. The eye lid is red and

My eye started swelling last night. The eye lid is red and the eye area looks red and almost swollen shut. Should I try to see an eye doctor or my medical doctor? I am 82 years old male and on cummiden.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
It is either an allergic reaction or it could be due to orbital cellulitis as well. If discharge is present, then conjunctivitis is also possible. You should see an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) to confirm it. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what causes orbital cellulitis? Can it go away on its own or must I find an ophthalmologist this morning? What caused this condition?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Orbital cellulitis is an emergency and is usually caused by infection in areas close to the eye like any infection in the mouth, ear e.t.c. It may require intravenous antibiotics to be given. It would be better that you see an eye surgeon as early as possible to rule it out. Other possibilities are not that serious.