Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

Yesterday I noticed my eyes were red and then this morning

Yesterday I noticed my eyes were red and then this morning both are. I have not been anywhere that I knew anyone had pink eye. I did open a new pack of contacts on sunday, but as a rule the contacts never bother me. Just wondering what I can do as I am traveling.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Do have any pain? Any discharge? Been sick recently?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No pain, slight crusting of eyes this morning at the bottom lashes. I have not been sick
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
There are few things that be happening. Pink eye is a possibility, but your eyes generally are more irritated. It can be related to dryness. Wearing contact lenses will decrease your tear production because the contact lenses decreases corneal sensation. I recommend lubricating eye drops for now.

There is another condition called GPC or giant papillary conjunctivitis which is an allergic reaction to the protein buildup on the contact lenses. This condition generally has more contact lens intolerance where you start feeling them more and mucous discharge. Your eyes generally fell better when you take out the contact lens. It does not appear to be that.

So, for now you can continue using your contact lens and lubricte your eyes. If it worsens or you develop pain/light sensitivity, discontinue the contact lenses and see your eye doctor.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Best wishes to you. Smile