Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

neuropathy..iris..nose & be more aligned with the good eye)

On Aug. 3rd 2009 I fell down a flight of stairs and have retina neuropathy - permanent blindness. I plan to have surgery for cosmetic reasons (to move the iris closer to the nose & be more aligned with the good eye). About 2 weeks after the fall, I developed a dark red blood clot in the blind eye. Is there a procedure to remove it? I don't know why it developed afterwards, but it's very dark and red and doesn't seem to be disappearing on its own at all.
Thank you,
Diane Ducote
[email protected]
Is it on the white part or inside the black part?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is on the white part and borders along the iris.
It appears to be a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. Sometimes, it can be there for a long time but it is likely to resolve on it's own. It does not require any treatment. It could also be due to Pterygeum which is degenerative condition of sub-conjunctival tissue. It has to be excised. It can be taken care of at the time of your surery for this eye. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.