Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

My eye color has changed from using Latisse. I have hazel

My eye color has changed from using Latisse. I have hazel eyes with now gold around my pupils. All the research says that eye color change happened only when Latisse is applied directly onto the eyes. I applied the product as directed only to the eyelids. They say the eye color change is permanent. Have you heard of anything that may get rid of the ugly gold?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Latisse has the potential for increased brown iris pigmentation which is likely to be permanent. It's good that you have quit it. The eye colour can not be reversed. You can use coloured lenses though.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You answered the question exactly like the Latisse add using the word likely. Has there ever been a case that has not been permanent. Why are my eyes gold not brown.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Well, I have seen very few patients of Latisee and just 2 of them had increased pigmentation and till the time I saw them last, the pigmentation had not changed. I used the word likely just because I have read it and may be few cases revert but no large scale studies are there to answer this question.

Gold colour could be related to the previous colour of your iris. Increased pigmentation would have caused it to turn to a golden colour.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated. </p><p> </p><p> </p>