Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

For the past five days Ive had an intermittent blurring of

For the past five days I've had an intermittent blurring of my vision in both eyes. It's like a film that becomes apparent in light and darker rooms. I've also noticed a sharp pin pointed pain in both outer temples of both eyes in the past five days.

Is this something to be concerned about? I had cataract surgery on both eyes done nine years ago due to 35 years of prednisone usage, which I still take for lupus.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

There could be a couple of possibilities.

One is that you could be experiencing floaters. This is the gel in the eye that breaks up into pieces as we age. It can float in front of your vision and blur the vision. It is usually most seen against a bright background.

You could be experience after cataract scar tissue also. Often, after surgery, a scar tissue starts to slowly grow behind your implants. This will eventually start to affect the vision. If so, it would need a simple in-office laser treatment to clear away.

Your vision could also come and go with allergies, sinuses, and dry eyes.

It sounds like you need to see your eye doctor again; although doesn't sound urgent to me.