Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology

I woke up one morning, and my right eye was bloodshot, like

I woke up one morning, and my right eye was bloodshot, like a vein was popped. No puss, no excessive watering(though some). The next day it was a bit more bloodshot, but thereafter has been going away, but still(after a month) it hasn't completely healed. It is still slightly bloodshot with a very slight throb and slight headache sensation. Also, vision is slightly blurred for objects at a distance. What happened to my eye?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

At first it sounds like you have a subconjunctival hemorrhage. This is just a busted blood vessel (like a bruise). It goes away in a few weeks without any long term harm. However, for the redness to last this long, you may be suffering from episcleritis (an inflammation of the eye, similar to arthritis of the joint). You need to have your eye checked by an eye doctor.