Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology

In June I had my vision tested and got glasses for reading

Customer Question

In June I had my vision tested and got glasses for reading and watching tv. Then on july 3rd they thought I had complex migraine vs TIA. I am 58 and since July my vision seems blurry. I went back to the eye doctor and he said there were no changes from june. So why the big differance? Would eye supplement help? Should i go see another eye doctor. By the way all MRI,MRA tests all negative. thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

There may have been no structural changes from June. But sometimes, especially with a TIA or migraine, there are changes to the nerve function. You need a visual field test to check the function of the optic nerve.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
wouldn't that have been done with the eye exam????
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.
No, this is a special test that is not part of the exam. You would know it if you had it done.