Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

ok so i have an eye sty but now my hole eye is huge! but i

Customer Question

ok so i have an eye sty but now my hole eye is huge! but i cant see the white ball this time i did everything the doc told me last time but its not working.. can i use the creams that they sell over ther counter at cvs/pharmacy i dont have heath insurance so i cant go to the doc.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
When did the stye start? What have you been doing for it? How old are you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it started like about sat but it was not big just like u can feel it but not see it.. ive been putting the warm colths on it as much as i can i even tried wit salt in the water.. im 23 and the last time i got this bad it was in high school on my right eye the pain is getting worst!
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

A stye is caused by a blocked oil gland of the eyelid. The warm compresses helps soften the blocked oils and allow it to self drain. Sometimes, that area can get infected and spread. It appears that is what is happening with your eye.

You likely need antibiotics to treat the infection. I recommend you visit your ophthalmologist or primary care doctor.

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the green accept button so that I receive credit for my time. Smile

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you!
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
You're welcome.

Remember to press to accept button if I was helpful.