Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

my right eye (buckle was put in)..left eye..20/20 vision in both eyes

I had an RD in my right eye (buckle was put in) and some laser work done in my left eye. I am a high myope.

My retina specialist says that my right eye is great and I also have 20/20 vision in both eyes.

I used to be a sportsman before the surgery but since it took place 1 year ago.. I completely stopped playing all sports. I recently decided to take up golf as I felt it was less demanding. Do you think I should go ahead with my plans?
With the surgery and the buckle in place, you should be safe with golf.

I would be careful with contact sports that can jar the eyes (such as football). Golf is safe, but let your retina doc know if you plan on sports that are higher impact.

You should be aware of the signs of retinal detachment. Flashes, floaters, or veil/curtain in the periphery. If you have these new signs, you need to call your retina doctor immediately.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Feel free to ask any addtional questions. Smile

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the super fast reply. I completely agree with you on flashes and floaters and am very aware of them.

With regards XXXXX XXXXX jarring, the reason I wanted clarification on GOlf was because the head moves during the downswing of the golf club (especially when using the woods). Is that movement significant enough to be classified as a jarring motion.

That movement should not cause any harm.