Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

possible stye in each eye. Have a bump in each eye underneath

Customer Question

possible stye in each eye. Have a bump in each eye underneath the skin of the botXXXXX XXXXXd. They have been there for about a week. I have tried using over the counter stye relief drops. NO Help. What should I do
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

Styes are caused by block oil glands of the eyelids (similar to a pimple). Warm compresses are the best way to clear them. The warm compresses helps to soften the blocked oils and helps it self drain.

You can also visit your primary care physician or ophthalmologist who can prescribed a combination steroid and antibiotic cream.

Sometimes, the block oils harden up and won't go away by itself. If that is the case, then you'll need to visit with your ophthalmologist to remove in the office. 1 week is still early, so try the warm compress 3-4 times day for now.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Feel free to ask any addtional questions. Smile

Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any other questions I can assist you with?