Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

Ive had this stye on the inside of my eyelid for 2 weeks.

Customer Question

I've had this stye on the inside of my eyelid for 2 weeks. I tried the over the counter stye ointment during the 2 weeks...nothing. I went to the doctor last thursday and she prescribed an erthomyocin eye ointment...apply 3 times a day for 7 days. Well, today is the 7th day and the stye is still there. Never had this kind of stye on the inside in my entire life. My vision is burred, my are eyes are constantly red and the bottom of my eyelid is swollen. I tried the hot cloth over the eye as well. Nothing. What you do suggest? I need help.

Thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer

Is the skin over the sty still red? Does it hurt? Have you seen your eye doctor yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it is still red, it does not hurt and yes I've seen an eye doctor
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the additional informaiton.

You may ask your doctor to prescribe a stronger medicine other than erythromycin, such as a combination steroid and antibiotic (Tobradex, or Maxitrol). You should still continue the warm compresses.

It may be getting to the point where the material inside the stye is hardening up to the point where it may not go away by itself. If that is the case, then you may need to have it removed surgically. This can be done by your local ophthalmologist in the office.

Remember to press the green accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Feel free to ask any addtional questions. Smile