Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

everyday i get white mucus in my eve. i use omnipred each day,but

everyday i get white mucus in my eve. i use omnipred each day,but the mucus comes back in
in the day . i had cataract removed two months ago. would it be ok to use opti-free
replenish every day(alcon)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Why are you using omnipred now? It has got steroid and steroids are tapered off ususally in 6 weeks after surgery. Steroids can cause glaucoma if used for long. If you have any sort of inflammation in your eyes, and it has been prescribed by your doctor then it is a different matter. Opti-free replenish is a contact lens solution. Systane or Refresh Tears would be better for you. For white mucous, you should see an ophthalmologist. It could be due to blocked lacrimal apparatus or meibomitis of the lids.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated. This answer is not a substitute for a doctor's visit.