Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have had a eye infection for over 2 months. My eye doctors

Customer Question

I have had a eye infection for over 2 months. My eye doctors says it an over active imune systems attacking the white of my eye. I'm on an anti-inflamatory medicine and FML ointment. The problem is it's some what painful and it't like a tooth ack of the eye. What else can do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
<p>I think you have been diagnosed with either episcleritis or scleritis. Is that right?</p><p>How old are you? Man or woman?</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm 64 years old and male. I still have the eye problem now past 3 months. It's looking better but I still have it.. I'm not able to take prednisone since I have a broke collar bone and the Dr is afraid that it won't heal, so I'm taking prednisolone drops in the eye.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Well, as I said earlier, you seem to be suffering from scleritis which is serious inflammatory disease that affects the white outer coating of the eye, known as the sclera. If you were given oral steroids, it would have made the recovery faster but unfortunately in can not be given as you have a broken collar bone. It's good that you are improving on topical steroids as well. In severe cases of scleritis, systemic immunosuppressive therapy with such drugs as cyclophosphamide or azathioprine may be used to treat the disease. You can discuss it with your ophthalmologist. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.