Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

how do you treat brown/bluish spots in the whites of eyes

Customer Question

how do you treat brown/bluish spots in the whites of eyes? I have some in both eyes and some small spots appear to have small spidery veins leading from them.   I have had them for years. They are not painful, just ugly. I would love to get rid of them. What can I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
How old are you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
40 but I have had them since childhood
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
I do not think we can do much about these spots. You can use a lubricant eye drop like Refresh Tears for a few months. It may help or it may not. Just pray that it does.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I wear contacts.    Can other product such as Visine be used as well and won't that help with the spidery red veins which appear more visible when eyes are irritated or tired? Will Refresh Tears or Visine drops be okay to use while wearing them?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Visine is a is a medication used to relieve minor eye irritation including its symptoms-redness and itching. Visine is a decongestant that contains active ingredients 0.025% of Naphazoline Hydrochloride and 0.3% of Pheniramine Maleate (Antihistamine). It works by constricting swollen blood vessels in the eye thus reducing its redness. Irritants cause blood vessels to swell. It may help you till it's effect is there in your eye. You can give it a try.
You can wear your contacts while using any of the 2 drops mentioned above. Thanks.