Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

since last night i have a aching sensation around my left eye

since last night i have a aching sensation around my left eye i wear contacts but it hasnt affected me wearing them and my pupils arent painfunl. mY eyes aent red or sore or watery. i also have weird sensations in my neck and around my nose
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question. To clarify, you are not having any redness, soreness, or watering in your eyes, but an achy sensation?

Do you sleep in your contacts? Any change in vision? Only in your left eye?
How old are you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im 20 yrs old just in the left eye it just aches i dnt sleep in my lenses
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no change i do feel quite tired today at work
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
The aching could be due to the contact lenses. Even if you don't sleep in them. Wearing them 8 hours or more during the day will limit the oxygen getting to the cornea. There are new silicone hydrogel contact lenses that permits more oxygen through the contact lenses (such as Acuvue Oasys, Biofinity...).

You may also have inflammation inside your eyes unrelated to the contact lenses (iritis/uveitis). This will need treatment to prevent complications from the inflammation.

I do not believe the sensations in your neck and nose could be related. There is an infection caused by a herpes virus that can be related to the nose and eyes. But those infections are generally quite painful.

I recommend you stay out of your contact lenses for now and visit your optometrist or ophthalmologist.

Remember to press the accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Feel free to ask any addtional questions. Smile