Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Is it possible for an eyeball to seem to sink into socket

Customer Question

Is it possible for an eyeball to seem to sink into socket? Thso eye has given me problems since lasix, 7 yrs ago, dry eye. Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
How old are you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 51 with Cad, I hope this helps
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Did you have LASIK surgery?
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Did you have LASIK surgery?
What do you mean by Cad?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, I had lasik about 6-7 years ago, my eye hasn't been the same, they kept telling me it would get better with time, I have coronary artery disease
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
LASIK surgery has got nothing to do with your eyes problem of seeming to be in socket. With age, there is loss of fat from the orbit. Due to this the eye seems as if it has gone into the socket. LASIK does cause dryness in eyes. It is normal to experience temporary dry eyes after Lasik surgery. In fact, majority of the patients manifest dry eye symptoms after the surgical procedure. Nevertheless, the cause for concern is the severity of the condition and the duration of the symptom. In general, dry eyes after Lasik eye surgery is resolved within six months after the surgical procedure.
Unfortunately, however, for some Lasik eye surgery patients, dry eyes may become a long- term eye problem. It is more likely to happen in those who had a dry eye before LASIK. If the condition is very severe and not relieved by lubricants then treatment like introducing silicone plugs into the tear ducts can be done to reduce drainage of tears.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.