Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

what can i do to stop my eyelid from flipping while I am s

Customer Question

what can i do to stop my eyelid from flipping while I am sleep?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
What do you mean by flipping?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My eyelid is inverted. For example when kids play and flip their eyelid. my right eye keeps doing it several times as i am sleeping. It only happens on one side and I keep flipping it back down and go right back to sleep. It is starting to get aggravating and it has been doing this for about a month.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Is it inverted inside or outside?
How old are you?
How long have you been having it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is outside. I am 33 years old. I have been having this problem with my right eye for about a month. Then I am waking up with cold in my eye as well. it happens about 4 to 5 times while I am sleeping only. My mother said my eye is drying out because I am sleeping with the fan on and the air conditioner.

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
<p>Are you overweight ?</p><p>Did you have a history of conjunctivitis?</p><p>Do you suffer from sleep apnea?</p>
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Please, reply to my questions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

well I am 5' 10 260 pounds. what is conjunctivitis? Now this is the biggest I have ever been. Why is it only happening in one eye?

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Well, your problem seems to be due to a condition called Floppy Eyelid Syndrome. It is associated with papillary conjunctivitis, sleep apnea etc. So, I was just checking whether you had them or not. Patients with floppy eyelid syndrome usually have a long history of unilateral or bilateral ocular irritation, and discharge with either a preexisting diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea or a history of snoring. Erythromycin ointment along with lubricating eye drops should be used. In resistant cases surgery may be required. You can read more about this condition by following this link

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1212978-overview

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.