Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Can anything happen to someones eyes if you put Ciprodex in

Can anything happen to someone's eyes if you put Ciprodex in them?
How lonh has he been putting it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we started 2 drops in each eye on Sunday morning and then the same amount Sunday night and then the same amount last night.... That's it. I finally found the correct eye drop bottle tonight but in the meantime the pink eye (the green gunk) is gone and he's not complaining that his eyes hurt or anything.
The person seems to be just fine. Ciprodex contains an anti-biotic plus a steroid dexamethasone which in long term can cause glaucoma, cataract etc. Since, it also cotains the anti-biotic, the pink eye has been treated. You do not need to do anything now. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But will his eyes get glaucoma or something else because of this? I mean it wasn't a long term that we were putting them in.
If that is the case then you need to get a fundus examination and intra-ocular pressure measurement done. If they are fine, it's ok otherwise other tests may be needed to confirm the diagnosis. For this you will have to take him to an ophthalmologist. Do not use this eye drop again unless recommended by an ophthalmologist. As for now, I do not think he has any glaucoma but you need to get him examined to confirm that. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, so from what you read his eyes seem fine then? They look fine -- considering I used ear drops in his eyes. Should I take him to the eye dr now or can I wait until October/November (when he's due to go)? he's only 5 years old.
It is better to take him now as October/November is too far away even though the child seems fine. Suppose, he really had glaucoma then it needs to be taken care of it now.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, thank you so much for your time and advice! I will definitely do that and I'm not so worried anymore
You are most welcome.