Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

My eyes started burning last night and havent stopped since.

My eyes started burning last night and haven't stopped since. They do not itch just burning and watering. I don't believe that there is anything in them and I've tried flushing them out but that does not help. What can I do to make the burning stop?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

How old are you? Do you wear contact lenses? Any new chemicals/eye makeup? Change in vision?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 26 and wear glasses but not contacts there have been no changed to my vision. The burning started suddenly last night and has continued since
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
The burning indicates irritation of some sort. If you were using any household cleaners, the fumes could be causing the irritation.

I would recommend you continue to use artificial tears to soothe your eyes and wash away any chemical irritation. Look around your environment to see what could be causing the irritation. Possibly air out the room, check the air conditioner filters, and such.

If you have a history of allergies, that could be it as well. Consider using an over the counter antihistamine such as Zatidor.

Remember to press the accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Feel free to ask any addtional questions. Smile