Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

my eyes are always itching, and leaks a sticky substance that

my eyes are always itching, and leaks a sticky substance that leaves a crusty patch under my eyes. could you please tellme what is causing this?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer

This can be related to eye allergies. The sticky substance is mucous being produced by your eyes in response to the irritation. You can try an over the counter allergy eye drop (such as Zatidor). Use those as directed and supplement with artificial tears during the day. Also, use an eye lubricant (such as genteal or lacrilube before you go to sleep to prevent it from drying out.

Remember to press the accept button. It was a pleasure helping you with your question. Feel free to ask any addtional questions. Smile