Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I had ptosis 3 months ago. The right eye seems fine. It is

I had ptosis 3 months ago. The right eye seems fine. It is a little tight or stiff and seems to pull a little from top left to bottom right and seems smaller than the other, gut it is comfortable.   The left eye feels like it isn't adjusted the same as the right and doesn't seem to be pulled to a lower angle so not to expose sensitive under lid. It is not pulled down in the same manner as the right eye. The lid looks to turn up to high and the irritation is constant and extremely upsetting.   My optamolagist says I will get used to it, but I think an adjustment is needed.   I would feel much better if I could consult a plastic surgeon and see what needs done to make me comfortable as I cannot bare air conditioning or everyday enviroment that effects this one eye.   I requested a consultation with an area plastic surgeon, but she referred me back tot he optamolagist.   My nerves are shot and I really need help in the Steubenville or Youngstown area.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Did you have ptosis correction surgery in both the eyes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, drooping eye lids. Right eye seems pulled down more and protective to the eye. The left is a problem
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Could you please tell me the type of ptosis you had - congenital, neurogenic, muscular?
What surgical procedure was done - levator resection or frontalis sling surgery?
What was the duration of ptosis before surgery?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
surgery took about an hour - possible muscular and resection
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Well, I think you are not aware about these things. It seems that you have an undercorrection in the left eye. Some amount of lid lag and lagophthalmos can be there and you must have been told about it before surgery but I think undercorrection is troubling you more. Sometimes, the manipulations of surgery produce mild paresis of the levator muscle and the lid appears undercorrected in the immediate postoperative period but improves with time. For this reason, repeat surgery should be delayed several months. If it does not improve then you can go for a repeat surgery. If the levator function would be good then levator resection should be done otherwise frontalis sling surgery need to be done. You need to discuss it with your doctor.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.