Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have very sore, very blood shot eyes, I also have a red face

I have very sore, very blood shot eyes, I also have a red face and I have been told by some I may have rosaca. My eyes have got worse over the last few weeks and ive tried everything
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
You seem to be having ocular rosacea. In 50-60% percent cases rosacea is associated with ocular symptoms. Lids, conjunctiva, cornea e.t.c. can be involved. Inflammation may be seen in any of these parts. Rosacea patients have to be patient. There is drynees in the eye which causes burning and the eyes to be bloodshot.
Hygiene of lids and eye lashes is of utmost importance. Styes and other lid problems can occur. Conjunctivitis and in severe cases keratitis can also develop. Lubricants should be used copiously. Urgent medical attention is required whenever there is any sign of infection. Incresing water intake has been found to decrease dryness. In severe cases, occlusion of the puncta with silicone plugs or cautery can be done. You can discuss with your specialist.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.